ESP Accounting (ESP) was founded with the vision to assist nonprofit organizations in California and Hawaii in optimizing and maximizing their accounting function. ESP has a breadth of experience working with nonprofits in the following arenas:
- Health & human services
- Arts and cultural institutions
- Religious organizations and churches
- Voluntary health & welfare organizations
- Research & development agencies
- Entities subject to OMB Circular A-133 (Single Audit) Compliance
ESP is Your Nonprofit Accounting Solution
While many CPA firms target nonprofits as a segment of their business, ESP is dedicated to working with nonprofits 100% of the time. By engaging ESP to fulfill your specific accounting needs, you’ll be working with a firm that:
- Is up-to-date on the latest accounting standards and how they specifically apply to nonprofits including items such as grants, donations and special event income;
- Works with the most secure electronic filing systems available, increasing efficiency and reducing reliance on paper;
- Is dedicated to keeping services as cost effective as possible, because we understand that dollars need and should go to serving your constituents;
- Provides a full range of services including audits and attestation, accounting and bookkeeping, tax services and consulting;
- Works with your Board and staff as an educator, filling in any gaps you may have, and refining and improving your nonprofit accounting function; and
- Is committed to excellence, attention to detail and overall efficiency.
Commitment to Excellence
ESP provides nonprofits with the same quality of work you’d receive at a larger firm but with a personalized, hands-on touch.
Founded on the following guiding principles, ESP is committed to:
- Evidence-Based Decisions: we stay laser-focused on keeping up-to-date with accounting and auditing standards. By knowing those standards well, we can use our professional judgment to determine how to apply them to your organization. Our recommendations are derived from analysis, confidence, and our focus on your needs.
- Lifelong Learning: we are committed to continual education, inquisitiveness and development. Our staff completes continuing professional education hours well above the bi-annual 80 hour requirement for licensure. We are committed to synthesizing our education with practice and bringing the most current, up-to-date practices to you.
- Ethical Leadership: Our practice is grounded in a Code of Professional Conduct (AICPA), just as yours is focused on your mission. We lead from an understanding of impact, focusing on responsibility coupled with foresight.
- Strategic Innovation: We believe that by continually and intentionally refining our practice, we create a significant difference in the value of the services we deliver to you. We question conventions, facilitating change based on intelligence and strategy.